Get rid of forced Chrome Tab Groups on Android
Google Chrome recently updated their Android app and introduced a lot of features including Google Lens integration and Follow button for websites. Google recently added a follow button in their Chrome beta that let you follow websites for latest updates, this works with the classic RSS feeds.
However, there are some crash reports after the latest update. Along with crashes users are not able to disable the Chrome tab groups. After the update, users are experiencing forced Chrome Tab groups on Android.
Google Chrome is not disabling the Chrome Tab groups even after turning off from flags. This is very annoying as a Chrome for Android user. So, in this article I will show you how you can disable tab groups in Google Chrome for Android.
Steps to Get rid of forced Chrome Tab Groups on Android:
- Reset Chrome Flags: Open chrome://flags and reset all Chrome flags by tapping on the Reset to default button at top-right corner. This will reset all the Chrome flags in the browser.
- Enable M89 flag: Search for M89 flag and enable the flag. You can click here to open M89 flag and then choose Enable from the drop down menu.
- Disable Tab Groups flag: Search for Tab groups flag in chrome flags and disable this flag. You can access this flag by clicking here.
- Disable Tab switcher flag: Search for Tab switcher flag or click here to access this flag. Now choose Disabled from the drop-down menu.
- Set Tab Layout flag to Enabled without auto group: Search for Tab layout flag in chrome://flags or click here to open Tab layout flag. Now in the drop-down menu, you need to choose “Enabled without auto group” to disable forced tab groups on Chrome for Android.
- Relaunch the Chrome Browser: After setting all the chrome://flags relaunch the browser by tapping on the Relaunch button at bottom-right corner.
- Switch Tab Layout to Enabled: After relaunching browser open chrome://flags and switch Tab layout to Enabled from the drop-down menu.
- Relaunch the browser again to disable Tab groups in Chrome for Android: After enabling Tab Layout, just relaunch the browser again and now you’ve successfully got rid of forced Chrome Tab groups on Android.
Found this tutorial helpful? Share it on social media to spread the word. Ask your questions in comments section below. I will answer them as soon as possible. Follow us on Twitter for latest updates and news regarding Android. Thanks for reading.
- How to Turn Off Translation in Chrome for Android
- Discover Section crashes in Chrome for Android
- How to disable Voice Search button in Chrome for Android