Table of Contents
If you’re not interested in receiving emails with new and trending posts from various communities you spend time in, you can unsubscribe from Reddit’s daily digest emails in your notification settings.
- Visit the Notifications section in your User Settings.
- Select Manage Emails and scroll down to the Newsletters section.
- Slide the Daily Summary option to turn it off.
- Visit your preferences and scroll down to the email options section.
- Uncheck the box next to Send newsletters by mail.
In Android and iOS apps
- Tap your avatar to open your profile menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Select your username under Account Settings and select Manage Emails.
- Scroll down to the Newsletters section and slide the Daily Summary option off.
If you have any questions that are not listed in this FAQ, see r/help. Maybe someone else has asked the same question, or you can ask a new one and a Reddit admin or some other Redditor will help you.
Stop receiving Reddit notifications in the mail if possible, find out how!
Tired of Reddit sending meaningless emails to your email account every day? If your answer is yes, we want to tell you that you have come to the right place.
Here we are going to show you in a few steps how to stop receiving emails from Reddit, a function that becomes extremely annoying when comments or publications are made within the social network.
How to stop receiving Reddit notifications in the mail?
Before we explain what you have to do to stop receiving Reddit notifications in your email, it is essential that you have the Reddit app installed on your phone. You can only deactivate this function using the official app of the social network, which you can download by clicking here.
On the other hand, if you already have the app installed on your terminal, you should ignore what we show you above, because you will only have to follow the tutorial that we show you below:
- Open the official Reddit app from your mobile device.
Are you distracted by Reddit notifications on desktop or mobile? Turn off notifications and Reddit won’t bother you anymore. You can turn all notifications from Reddit or some of your supported devices on and off.
You may want to stop certain Reddit notifications if they occasionally appear on your device. And maybe you want to turn off all notifications from Reddit if you only use Reddit to read content and are not notified at all.
Disable Reddit notifications on desktop
Since Reddit does not offer any official desktop applications, using Reddit on a computer basically means using the Reddit website. You can disable notifications from the site in any of your web browsers.
Stop certain Reddit notifications
You can stop certain Reddit notifications, such as trending post notifications, from the web version of Reddit.
- Access Reddit in your computer’s preferred web browser. Next, make sure that you are logged into the Reddit account.
- On Reddit, select your profile icon in the upper right corner and select User Settings from the menu.
- On the next screen, select notifications from the top menu bar.
- You can now turn various notifications for Reddit on and off. To stop a notification, find it in the list and turn the switch next to it to the off position.
- Repeat for all the notifications you want to turn off.
Reddit automatically saves your changes, so you don’t need to select any buttons.
Stop all Reddit notifications
An easy way to stop all notifications from Reddit is to block notifications from the site in your web browser. In this way, your browser will prevent the site from sending you any notices.
Almost all popular browsers have the option to block notifications from the site. In the example below, we will use Google Chrome.
- Open Google Chrome on the computer.
- Select the Chrome Menu file (Three dots) in the upper right corner and choose Settings .
- On the settings screen, select Privacy and security from the sidebar on the left
- Select Site Settings in the right pane.
- Go down to the Site Settings page and select Notifications
- Select the search box at the top and type reddit.com in it.
- when Reddit appears in the search results, select the three-dot menu next to it and choose Blog.
Reddit is now blocked from sending you any notifications in the browser. Please note that Reddit will continue to send notifications to your other browsers if you use the site in these browsers.
To unblock Reddit notifications, select Reddit on the Notifications to Chrome screen, select the three-dot menu next to it, and choose Allow.
Stop Reddit Android Notifications
Reddit’s Android app offers all the notifications you can see on the web version of the platform. This means that you can turn any notification on or off from your handheld device.
Disable some Reddit notifications
You can selectively stop Reddit notifications to your Android device if you don’t want to stop them altogether.
- Launch the Reddit file on an Android device.
- When the app launches, select your profile icon in the upper left corner.
- In the menu that appears, select the file settings option. A menu with several options will be displayed, click on the one that says “Settings”.In Settings, from under the General Screen section, tap on Account Settings for username where username is your real username.
- tap Manage notifications from below Contact Settings .
- Reddit now shows all types of notifications on the screen. Select the option for any notification to turn it off. Tap the switch again to turn on the notification.
Like the web version, Reddit for Android automatically saves your changes.
Disable all Reddit notifications
If you don’t want to receive any notifications from Reddit, the best way to do it is to stop Reddit from sending notifications to the Settings app. However, you can reverse this change at any time you want.
The option names may vary slightly depending on the Android device.
- Drag down from the top of the Android device screen and select the gear icon. This opens the application settings file
- In Settings, tap Apps & notifications.
- Find Reddit in the app list and tap on it. If you don’t see the app, tap See all apps .
- Select notifications on the next screen to manage notifications from Reddit.
- At the top, turn off the All “Reddit” notifications toggle.
The phone now blocks all notifications originating from the Reddit app.
Turn off Reddit iOS notifications
The Reddit iOS app provides the option to enable and disable any notification you want. If this isn’t enough, you can use the iOS Settings app to turn off all notifications at once.
Disable some Reddit notifications
Use the Reddit app to disable selective notifications.
- Open the Reddit file on your iOS device.
- Select your profile icon in the upper left corner.
- Choose Settings from the menu that appears.
- Select your username in the Account Settings section at the top.
- tap Manage notifications.
- Here you will find the notification you want to stop and tap on its toggle. The notification will be disabled.
- To activate a notification, touch again. Once inside the social network, you must click on your account, which is located at the top left of the screen.
- How To Change Your Username On Reddit
- How to Use Reddit
- How To Delete Reddit Account
Disable all Reddit notifications
The iOS Settings app offers an option to help you turn off all Reddit notifications.
- Launch the setup file on the iOS device.
- tap notifications on the next screen.
- Scroll down the notifications screen and find and tap the Reddit app button
Turn off the toggle that says Allow notifications on top. Therefore, you must enter the first section, the one that says “Account settings for…”
- Go to the category that says “Contact settings” and then click on “Manage emails”.
- Click the button that is located at the bottom of everything, which is next to “Unsubscribe from all emails”.
- Within seconds, Reddit will disable sending all notifications that come to your email account.
Also read: Computer Launcher: the app that brings Windows 11 to your Android mobile
In case you regret deactivating the function that allows Reddit to send you notifications to your email, you can reactivate it by following the steps again, and activating the last option that we showed you in the tutorial.
With nothing more to add on the subject, we recommend you discover how to download Reddit videos from your Android mobile, a tutorial that will allow you to save all those videos you see on the social network on your phone.
How to stop/disable Reddit notifications on mobile and desktop
This change overrides any other changes the Reddit app makes. For example, no matter what notifications you turn the Reddit app on or off, the app won’t send you any notifications.
Interesting Reading YNAB Emergency Fund: How to Build Your Safety