Is that a smart bulb, or a security camera? Yes. Well, technically, it’s a light bulb-shaped security camera. I realize that sounds kind of ridiculous, but this thing features 2K video recording, motion detection, a built-in alarm and spotlight, and it easily installs into a standard lightbulb base. Oh, and it’s currently on sale for just $20.
Purchases made on this page help support iDB. We may earn a small commission when you purchase through links on our site.
Everything you need to know:
- The camera resolution is 2304 x 1296, which is higher than 1080p. It also has 12x digital zoom and built-in night vision
- The security camera installs into any standard 110V-240V light bulb, and it’s ETL-certified (which you definitely want on this kind of product)
- Motion tracking works at nearly 360-degrees and up to 17 feet, and you can customize the sensitivity
- Built-in 2-way audio lets you talk to family (or intruders) in your home, remotely from your phone
- The built-in siren allows you to scare away unwanted guests, and it users AI to tell the difference between humans and pets
- Works with Alexa and Google Assistant — there’s no mention of HomeKit support, but really at this price, you can find a way to make it work
- Has a 4.5-star Amazon rating, on nearly 4K reviews and a FSpot (detects fake reviews) score of C, which is solid
- To get the full sale price, you must clip the on-page coupon and use promo code 8M59CVDV at checkout
See at Amazon for $20 (with coupon)